Monday, January 30, 2012

16 months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANTS88N-U6o

That is a cute video of Emily helping me read one of her favorite books.

Emily is now 16 months old, and we can not believe how quick it went!  Emily continues to grow her vocabulary daily and is doing many 2-3 word phrases.  She runs all over the house, loves pretend play with her baby dolls and farm/zoo little people set and likes to ride her ride-on toy all over the house.  She also likes to give her baby and stuffed animals rides on it.  She is starting to get interested in the potty, but I think potty training is still a ways away.  She has to help flush the big potty, wash her hands, and sit on her little potty every time we are in the bathroom though.  In an ideal world Em would get potty trained before the new baby was here,  but I am not going to push anything I know it will happen quick once she is interested in it.  Emily now has to help pick out her clothes (even the socks, she really likes socks...) and is starting to help get herself undressed (not always at appropriate times).  She still has a very strong personality and has her own ideas about how things should be done that we battle with daily.  The terrible twos have already started I think, or I hope that is what these tantrums are otherwise I do not know if we will survive anything worse :)  I am happy that Em has such a personality and it makes for some pretty good stories now.

Baby update.  I am now 16 1/2 weeks along, and things are going well.  My tear on the placenta is pretty much all healed up as of last week.  I am still suppose to take it a little easy and not do a lot of heavy lifting or anything that really causes me to strain because until it is all healed it can re tear.  But it was looking good enough that they do not need to check it again until my regularly scheduled 20 week ultrasound.  That is scheduled for the end of February and we are planning on finding out if we are expecting a boy or girl as long as baby cooperates.  We are all very excited about the baby, when we tell Emily that Mommy has a baby growing in my tummy she lifts up my shirt and says "nah, so silly".

No comments:

Post a Comment