Friday, November 9, 2012

Family Pictures!

We enjoyed one of the last nicer afternoons at my parents house last weekend.  My dad took our family picture for us!  I love having our family picture done and am so thankful that my dad is willing to do it for us.  The photos are always amazing and Emily loves her silly Grandpa!  My dad has yet to edit the photos and give us the final draft but I got a copy of the images and was looking through them tonight and LOVE them, I am so excited and will share the finished product but had to give everyone a sneak peek :)



I can not believe November is almost half way over already!  We have enjoyed our fall so far and are looking forward to spending time with family over the holidays.  
Emily is changing so much every day and I love to see how she is growing into a smart, funny, and beautiful little girl.  This morning she asked for a banana for breakfast, we had jsut finished them yesterday, I told her we did not have any more.  She looked at me and got this look on her face and said "Go to Grandpa's house?"  She was determined to get that banana even if we had to take a drive!  She ended up settling for some grapes and toast with nutella on it.  She has started to draw faces when coloring and "writing" letters.  
Will is a very happy easy going guy!  The perfect addition to our family.  He started on reflux medicine a few months ago for gastric reflux and since that got into his system he has been a much more happy baby.  He loves to watch his sister and is starting to reach for toys.  If he does get a toy it goes right to the mouth for him to explore it.  Will is starting to have more awake and alert times of the day and Emily likes that he does more than just sleep now!  
Paul is keeping busy at work and his hobby of making money :)  He has started buying storage units at auctions with Brandon, Paul continues to go to a weekly auction and finds anything and everything to buy and resell.  
I have started to really enjoy cooking, I have been trying to cook from scratch more ever since Emily was an infant with all her allergies so I knew what was in everything.  My newest challenge this week was roasting a whole chicken and have now used the left over chicken all week (and still have some left) I also made chicken stock from the bones.  Monday we had roasted chicken with veggies, Tuesday was chicken tortilla soup, Wednesday is auction night for Paul so the kids and I ate at my mom and dads, Thursday was chicken pot pie, and tonight (Friday) is left over night. I have enough chicken for 1 or 2 more meals just depending on what I make.  All that from a $4.95 chicken!

5 comments:

  1. Love your updates...and I'd love your recipes! That's amazing that you got so many meals out of one chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using a lot of recipes from Iowa Girl Eats. She has a facebook page and blog, great recipes and easy! I did the roasted chicken and then did her chicken/rice bake(made three one for dinner and two for freezer), chicken pot pie, chicken fried rice, and chicken tortilla soup.

      Delete
  2. We must really like meat here...one chicken lasts us 1.5 meals. The chicken itself, then I freeze the rest for when I have more leftovers I can make a shredded chicken dish. Never would we be able to use one for a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i used less in meals with other protein sources. Soup had lots of beans, chicken fried rice had eggs. And more chicken and tons of veggies in the pot pie and rice bake. All were filling and Paul even had lunch for the next day from all meals. I got ALL the meat off that chicken though and made stock from the bones and still have some stock frozen, the second chicken (I bought them at costco so I had to buy two at once) only made 3-4 meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously wish I could do that, cut down on meat and add more veggies...But we all know how Brandon feels about vegetables ;) It would be so much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete